Monday, November 7, 2016

S&P500 HUUUGE Overnight Gap

I just woke up this morning with the gut feeling that there's something wrong and my feeling was right - the stock market average S&P500 opened with a huge 25pts overnight gap. The bulls are raging this morning, don't stand in their way!

Now I'm glad that I closed my short position on the end of Friday's session, I was gonna get badly surprised, should I had left it. Greed is not good, greed is bad (take this, Gordon Gekko!).



P.S. I remember the times (good ol' times, when the markets were still operated by real people, not dumb, soulless machines, and when trading was a fair game of skills), when there was this broad, unwritten agreement between traders, that all gaps shall be closed. Unfortunately, these times are gone now, so I wouldn't advise anyone to fade this gap, moreover, there's the US elections tomorrow. Anyway, I am on watch for signs that Mr. Market is in the mood for closing the gap, so the short button is at one finger distance to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment